Gift Bag Ideas for Women’s Retreat
A great way to make your women’s retreat a memorable one is to hand out gift bags to the women before the retreat kicks off. The idea of this article is to give you some helpful Gift bag ideas for women’s retreat.
Gift Bag Ideas for Women’s Retreat – Guidelines
- The gift bag is the first thing the attendee sees. Be sure to make a loving statement with this. When you hand attendees these bags, you are saying that you appreciate their attendance and this event is going to be something special.
- Set a goal that you want the bag to achieve. Avoid any bag design that’s commonplace, boring and forgettable. Go for attractive colors, interesting fabrics and a classy look. Choose a small sized bag and you should consider inscribing the theme of the retreat or a short Bible verse that captures the theme perfectly.
- Have a communication plan for the conference bag and solid reasons for its contents. To help with this, communicate your gift bag ideas to workshop leaders and exhibitors. Enlist them in the plan.
- Instead of recyclable bags, go for reusable bags.
- Fill the Gift Bags with Value. Getting a great-looking conference bag is just the first half. The second part is filling it with great stuff that’s meaningful, and relevant. It is sometimes tempting to try to conserve funds by getting gift items that are inexpensive. The problem with this is that they mostly turn out to be inferior.
Also See: Women’s Retreat Activities
Gift Bag Ideas for Women’s Retreat – Where to Purchase them
- Get your gift ideas ready. Check with the ladies and families within your church. Supposing your list includes handmade crafts like hand bands, key chains etc., it is always good to check within your immediate family [the church] first.
- Check with local restaurants for courtesy cards or gift cards. Check with your local Christian bookstore.
- Dollar stores are great places to find those unexpected goodies
Some Gift Bag Ideas for Women’s Retreat include:
- Pens and a small diary
- Pocket-sized Bible
- Keychains that carry motivational messages
- Purse size sewing kits
- Pocket calendars
- Perfume samples and Cosmetic samples
- Scented soap or lotion
- Framed Scripture verses
- King-sized chocolate bars
- Insulated cups (with verse)
- Devotional books and Christian Fiction Books
- Christian music CDs or Christian DVDs – Christian bookstores often run $5 specials.
- Personal Bible Studies
- Pretty notecard/ Mini stationery notepad set
- $5 gift cards for coffee, frozen yoghurt, Chick-Fil-A
- Postcard (Especially if you are having ladies from out of town. Try to get some that have a landmark or a scenic view from your area.)
- Magnets, bumper stickers, key chains or novelties from places of business within your local area.
Other things that must be included in the gift bag are;
- Your retreat/event information,
- Map of facility (if large campus or facility)
- Restaurant locations (if out of town ladies are attending)
- Retreat Booklet (info about speakers, song lyrics, paper for notes, etc.)
- Brochure on your women’s ministry/church
Keep reading: How to plan a Women’s Retreat
You can and should share your gift bag ideas with sponsors and team members. They may have their own objectives, and they will appreciate anything that makes them look and feel like a part of the big picture. You could also use conference bags to encourage early registration. An idea for this would be to create a special gift bag version that includes high-end items like tickets to shows, paid spa treatment, gift cards, or even tickets to sporting events. Alternatively, you can offer these exclusive conference bags to the first 100-300 people who register for the retreat. Just be sure to fill the retreat gift bags with content that are valuable. It will definitely have a positive impact on the attendees if you fill the bags with unique, exclusive, and valuable items.